page updated: 2019.04.07
CAD tools for Blender-3D
0.68alpha - 2019.03.10 is the newest development/unstable version
CADtools script needs Blender 2.49b, which can be downloaded from
You will need also a proper version of Python installed on your system.
For full-feature-mode of CADtools you will need
Copy the content of delivered zip-archive into Blender scripts folder:
- on Linux: "/home/your_folder/.blender/scripts/"
- on Windows: "C:\your_Blender249_install_folder\.blender\scripts\"
After installation you should have there at least:
Getting started: see video tutorial
- start Blender
- disable "Global Undo" in User Preferences:Edit Methods
- activate "Enable Script Link"-button in Panels:Script
- open a new script-window, start menu
- ImportError "Bad magic number..." means Python versions conflict - you need a different CADtools version.
- enter your password (needed for updates)
- CADtools UI appears, you can start editing
- for exit use FILE:EXIT or SHIFT+Q with mouse in CADtools-UI area.
- Blender may crash if you use UNDO during/after CADtools session.
Temporary solution: disable "Global Undo" in User_Preferences:Edit_Methods
or even make it permanent via default settings (Ctrl+U)
- shape modifiers, shapekeys and animation keys do not go into account.
- limitations by editing across object instances (multiuser obData).
- hidden-state of objects/elements does not go into account.
- selection-set may become out of sync if you delete control points in curves.